Ash Handling Plant
Ash Handling Plants
In Thermal Power Plants, coal is generally used as fuel and hence ash is produced as the byproduct of Combustion. Ash generated in power plant is about 30-40% of total coal consumption and hence the system is required to handle Ash for its proper utilization or disposal.
Ash generated in the ESP which got carried out with the flue gas is generally called Fly ash. It also consists of Air pre heater ash & Economizers ash (it is about 2 % of the total ash content). The total Fly ash content is about 80%. The remaining 20% is Bottom Ash. Ash generated below furnace of the steam generator is called the bottom ash.
For each area of Ash handling, there are surge hoppers, which are connected with Oil free screw compressor for conveying the fly ash from Intermediate Surge Hopper to silo. Total fly ash generated from each unit will be conveyed through streams operating simultaneously and in parallel.
Bottom Ash Slurry, Fly Ash Slurry and the Coarse Ash Slurry shall be pumped from the common Ash Slurry Pump up to the dyke area which is located at a distance from Slurry Pump house.
In the pumping House, various wear resistant parts like Pump Casings, Armour Discs and Impellers are used, which we supply.